What Is My Lake Home Worth?
How much will a buyer pay?
How long will it take to sell my home?
Do I need to do anything to help sell my home?
If these are questions you've been asking yourself, please contact me so we can visit and discuss the best options in how to market your home.
Keep in mind that a realistic and evidence-based valuation of your home is the key to success. Also, there are many factors that go into evaluating a home's worth and I'll do my best to get you the best price for yours. Thats my job and I've been doing it for the past 27 years!
The RIGHT PRICE needs to be established prior to marketing your home for the first time. I will consider current market conditions, needed improvements, timelines, comparable sales, location, and other factors when evaluating your home's value.
Here are several reasons NOT to list your home too high and what could happen as a result.
- Limited buyers. Buyers won't view your property because it's out of their price range.
- Limited showings. Realtors are reluctant to show overpriced homes to their clients.
- Used as leverage. Realtors may use your property to help sell their 'other' listed properies that are better priced.
- Days on market. When a home sits on the market too long, it's perceived to have issues. Buyers often wonder, "What's wrong with it?" or "Why hasn't it sold yet?".
- Lower price. An overpriced home on the market beyond the average selling time leads to a lower selling price. To eventually sell an overpriced home, you'll have to reduce the price, often several times. By the end, you'll likely get less than if it had been properly priced from the beginning. When a property hits the market for the first time, that's when it has the most buzz and attention. It's important to keep that leverage on your side.
- Wasted time and effort. Even if an overpriced home does goes under contract, a bank appraisal is often required to finance the buyer. If the property doesn't appraise, banks won't lend on it.
A well-maintained property that's priced right will sell at a faster rate and for a higher price which is why it's so important to have a Realtor assist you. An honest price makes selling real estate work.